Friday, January 18, 2008

Mythical Lovers

My latest book project is a novel titled Mythical Lovers. It was originally inspired by The Alchemist. Ironically, I was inspired even before I read the book. A woman in one of my workshops told me about the book and said, "It's about a young man who goes on a journey, meets mystical beings and learns about his personal destiny." I thought it sounded like an extremely interesting book and I begin to imagine in my mind what the story might be like, but when I read the book it wasn't anything like what I imagined it would be.

At first I felt a bit disappointed, but then I realized it was a wonderful gift because now I could write the book that I had been imagining in my mind. So I took the idea with a few slight changes (a young woman goes on a journey, meets mythical and magical beings and learns about her personal destiny) and that became the premise of my new book.

I'm excited about the idea because it gives me a chance to explore all of these different mythical and magical beings and interact with them through the characters. I think many of the gods and goddess will have a lot to say about the sensual life.

No comments: