Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Alchemist

One of the reasons I'm interested in Paulo Coelho's books, and in particular, The Alchemist, is because I think knowing our personal destiny and following it is what gives our lives meaning. Unfortunately, following a personal destiny is not as easy as it sounds. For some reason, the world is not structured in such a way as to promote the fulfillment of one's personal destiny. In some ways, it is structured to hold us back from doing so.

Last night I was feeling disappointed because I had planned to go home after work and do some writing, but I found when I got home that I was too tired and I felt completely uninspired and unenthusiastic. So I didn't get any writing done.

However, one thing I did was to take some time to ask myself, "What is my personal destiny?" The answers that came to me were these:

1) To bring the goddess energy into the world.
2) To be a storyteller.
3) To create beauty in the world.

The next question this brings up is, "Okay, so, now that I know what my personal destiny is, how to I do these things?"

I guess figuring that out will be part of my journey!

No comments: